Testing comms from the Field

We were originally scheduled to fly south from Christchurch last Friday morning, but were delayed over the weekend because the C17 has maintenence issues. But, we've now been shifted to the RNZAF Boeing 757 scheduled to fly tomorrow morning instead. Should be a pretty sweet ride, since everyone gets a comfy seat and a window. There may even be a host/hostess!

In the meantime, I've been trying to get things set up to be able to send text out from the field - we used IridiumGo last year, which allowed me to make a few short phone calls. This year, I'm adding the capability to email, and from there, to blog (which you're reading now!) So, this post is really just a test to check that all the necessary connections are in place and working so that I can update properly from the field.

Unfortunately I won't be able to send photos or video out - that'll have to wait until I'm back in normal internet coverage. But I'll work on my descriptive language to give you the best experience possible! Thanks for following along.

Sent from Iridium Mail & Web.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the team

Woop woop! We got the mooring back!

3rd time's a charm!